Thursday 30 October 2014

'Ghost' sign at Chester station

Earlier this year I posted a photo of an old sign at Chester railway station and today's post is another from the same place.

One of my interests (one of many!) is what are known as 'Ghost' signs, typically they tend to be painted onto brick or stone walls and over the years have weathered to varying degrees of illegibility

Ghost sign at Chester railway station, 30/6/14'Ghost' sign at Chester railway station, 30/6/14

This particular sign is (or was) tucked away at the western end of the station, behind platform two and points the way to the 'Second Class Refreshment Rooms' looking distinctly out of place amongst the modern signs advertising 'Costa Coffee' and 'caféxpress'.

I may be wrong but I got the impression that the station building was undergoing some work at the time of my brief visit back in June so the sign may be no more…

More of my 'ghost' sign photos can be found on Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment